At Chorus, we’re committed to keeping our people, customers and partners healthy, safe and secure. We believe everyone should be able to go home safe.
We actively promote a positive health and safety culture and have zero tolerance for major injuries and fatalities.
Under the Health & Safety at Work Act 2015, we adopt good industry based work practices and safety precautions for all build and installation work, including but not limited to:
- risk assessment and management
- competency and training that meets recognised industry standards and expectations
- incident recording and reporting, and investigations when required to prevent recurrence
To underscore and strengthen our health and safety commitments, contractors working for Chorus must register and maintain their compliance in an online Contractor Safety System.
The system is managed on our behalf by Pegasus, workforce management software and safety experts.
HOW DOES THE SYSTEM WORK?
Contractors will register their business in the Chorus Contractor Safety System. The process is completed in an online portal.
After creating your account, you will answer questions about the type, scope and frequency of work your business does for Chorus. Based on your answers, you will be prompted to upload important documents (insurances, certificates) for Pegasus safety specialists to verify.
Pegasus connects a competent workforce. They manage the Contractor Safety System on behalf of Chorus.
Forged in deep industrial expertise, our software was first developed in 1998 to keep Australian workers safe on site. It has now expanded across borders and industries to keep New Zealand businesses safe.
Our commitment to workplace safety was as uncompromising then as it is now. The complete Pegasus Contractor Safety System solution:
- provides immediate access to data on the workforce
- manages all training and inductions
- administers compliance and pre-qualification documents
- manages the qualifications and competency, including licences and medicals, of all workers on a project
- awards accreditation upon successful completion of inductions and assessments
- provides tools for audit, investigation and inspection of businesses and workers
- offers online and call centre support
- manages contractor performance over term of their contract